PART TO PART RATIO:
brown to orange - 3:2
green to grey - 3:1
blue to yellow - 4:2
PART TO TOTAL RATIO:
white to total - 1:22
pink to total - 2:22
THREE PART RATIOS:
blue to green to peach - 4:3:1
pink to brown to white - 2:3:1
RATIO NOTATION, FRACTION, DECIMAL, AND PERCENT:
peach to blue - 1:4, 1/4, 0.25, 25%
orange to green - 2:3, 4:6, 6:9 etc... Those are all equivalent fractions. You can make equivalent fractions by multiplying or dividing the ratio. But you always have to remember to always do what you did to one side you always have to do to the other.
1. Show 3:1 as a fraction, decimal, and percent?
2. Give an equivalent ratio to 4:3?
3. How do you make a fraction for a three part ratio?
Thank you for viewing my post everyone! Don't forget to comment. Remember to study. Good look on your tests! :)
The mistakes I made on my test were:
4. Four students are running for student council president. Of 30 students polled, 15 chose Mike, 3 chose Patricia, 6 chose Brian, and the rest chose Karen. What is the ratio of votes for girls to votes for boys in the student council election? Express the ratio in lowest terms.
- My answer was d/21:9. The actual answer was a/3:7. My mistake was I misread the question/word ratio. In the future I will read through the question twice.
7. A rapid transit train has 39 passengers on it as it starts its run. At the first stop 12 passengers get off and 18 passengers get on. What is the ratio of the number of passenger who were on the train as it arrived in the first station to the number who were on the train when it left the first station? Express your answer in lowest terms.
- My answer was d/27:39. The acutal answer was b/13:15. My mistake was I didn't read the question well enough. In the future I will read the question more well.
8. A picture frame has a width to length ratio of 5:7. If the width of the photo is 9 cm, the length of the photo of the photo is.
- My answer was a/11cm. The actual answer is b/12.6 cm. My mistake was I thought that you could use addition in ratios. In the future I will not use addition in ratio questions.
14. What percent (to one decimal) of the group prefers toasted O's?
- My answer was 15.1%. (Sorry, I dont know the actual answer to this question.) Next time I will use a ratio chart to solve the question.
D. Write each ratio in lowest terms. (18:27)
- My answer was 9:13.5. The actual answer was 2:3. In the future I will try to find more ways to get the correct answer.
16. You have a bag with one white ball, six red balls, eight green balls, and three purple balls. In lowest terms what is the ratio of red balls to the whole bag of balls?
- My answer was 1:2. The actual answer was 1:3. My mistake was I thought that the question meant the red balls compared to the rest of the balls. But now I know that it means all of the balls together compared to that group.
17. Use the data in the table below to determine which sports teams have equivalent scored by to scored against ratios.
- My answer was Baseball Team A and Hockey Team A. The actual answer was Baseball Team A to Basketball Team A. My mistake was I thought the answer was about addition. But it was actually about division. In the future I will not use addition.