Monday, October 19, 2009

Caitlin T's Scribepost For October 16, 2009

Question #17


There are 48 passengers on a transit bus. At the next stop, 16 passengers got 0ff and 12 others got on the bus.


A) What is the ratio of passengers who got off the bus compared to the original number on the bus? Show the ratio in lowest terms.

Passengers getting off:Original Number -(16:48) in fraction form it's 16/48

I think if I show it in the lowest terms it would be 1:3 because -16:48, if I divided the 48 by 3 it end ups being 16,(the number of passengers that left the bus). So then if i simplified it (i think) my answer would be 1;3 or 1/3


B) What is the ratio of passengers who got on the bus compared to the new total on the bus?
Write your answer as a fraction, decimal, and percent.

Got on: New total
12:44

Fraction= 3/11
Decimal= 0.27
Percent= 27%

Sorry my Scribe Post is late my Internet wasn't working properly.And sorry i didn't answer my answer in full sentences.):

Statcounter

Lorem Ipsum

About This Blog

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP