Monday, November 2, 2009

%%%%%'s Rate Growing Post

PART #1.



Ratio-compares 2 quantites measured in the SAME units.







Rate - Compares 2 quantities measured in DIFFERENT units.







What is the difference between ratio and rate?



RATE is comparing 2 quantities measured in DIFFERENT units while a RATIO compares 2 quantities in the SAME unit.



PAGE 60:



4. Determine the unit rate in each situation.

a) An orca swims 110 km in 2 h.

b) A Canada goose flies 800 km in 12.5 h.

c) Cathy plants 45 daffodils in 30 min.




a)55 km/hr


b)64 km/hr


c) about 1.5 daffodils a minute



[How I got the answers I made a Ration Table, then I did the usual routine to get the answer.]





PAGE 61:



10.Trevor rod ehis mountain bike 84 km in

3 h. Jillian rode 70 km in 2.5 h. Who is

the faster cyclist? How do you know?



Trevor and Jillian rode the same speed which was 28km/hr.(I think that's what i got)



[ How I got my answer was i made another Ratio table, then divided 3 by 3 then did it to the othere side which was 84. Then my answer was 28 for Trevor, I did the same routine to Jillian.]




PART # 2

1)What would the recipe look like if it had to serve 10 people? Show your calculations.

-All i did was I multiplied the numbers by 2.5 then that's how i got my answer.

2)What would the recipe look like if you had to only serve 1 person? Show your calculations.

-I did the same thing to this question from the earlier question, but I divided by 10 to get to 1.

0 comments:

Statcounter

Lorem Ipsum

About This Blog

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP