Sunday, November 15, 2009

How I stopped an Alien Invasion using Proportion


A UFO was flying above my house. I went outside to check it out. The UFO landed right in my yard. A little martian stepped out, I asked him what he was doing here. He didn't say anything, he threatened me that he'd take over the world with aliens and later on unicorns if I won't give him at least 3 proportion problems. He also demanded me to teach him what proportion was. So I taught him that: proportion is a relationship that two ratios or two rates are equal. It can be solved in two ways; chart form and fraction form. Here were the problems I answered for him.





4. Determine the unit rate.


a) Three dinner rolls cost 99 cents.

- 1roll/33cents












b) Seven identical objects have a mass of 14kg.

-1object/2kg












14. Last night 30 cm of snow fell in 6h. If it continues snowing at the same rate, how long will it take for 45 cm of snow to fall?

- It will take 9 hours to have 45 cm of snow.




















23. According the Guinness Book of World Records, the smallest horse is is Thumbelina. Thumbelina is 42.5 cm small and eats about 0.3 kg of food per day. A former world record holder ate food in the same proportion to its height. If it was 46.25 cm tall how much would it eat? Give your answer to the nearest hundredth of a kilogram.

- It would eat 0.33kg.





28. The dosage of a certain medicine for a child is 2.5ml for each 3kg of the child. What is the dose, in mL for a child with a mass of 16.5kg.

- 13.75 ml for a child with a mass of 16.5 kg.


The Aliens then left in there pink UFO.


Don't forget to study you guys! Good luuck!












0 comments:

Statcounter

Lorem Ipsum

About This Blog

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP