Sunday, November 15, 2009

How I Stopped an Alien Invation Using Proportion

HOW I STOPPED AN ALIEN INVASION USING PROPORTION
As I was doing my proportion homework I heard a huge sound coming from my yard. I looked outside looking on what it was. It was a UFO. I flash of light came down and an alien appeared. I went outside asking what the alien wanted. The alien said " I'm going to take over your so called planet earth until, you tell me what proportion means and giving me 3 equations to know how to use it. " So, after he said that I said " Oh, well that's easy a proportion is a relationship that two rates or ratios are equal." Then I told him 3 equations.

3. a) Write a proportion based on the following scenario:
Three balls cost $1.25. What is the cost of 12 balls?
b) Solve the proportion.


11. A small gear turns 18 times in the same time that a large gear turns 4 times. How many times will the large gear turn if the small gear turns 54 times? Draw a diagram to help set up a proportion and solve the problem.


14. Last night 30 cm of snow fell in 6h. If it continues snowing at the same rate, how long will it take for 45 cm of snow to fall?


After I told him what proportion means the alien said " Congratulations you just saved your planet earth." So he went under the UFO and a flash of light came out and the alien was gone. They went to the other part of the earth and asked someone else. But then, the person didn't know and so we all died cause the aliens took over.
THE END. (:

REMINDER: TO STUDY FOR OUR SCIENCE AND MATH TEST ON: MONDAY, NOVEMBER 16 2009.

1 comments:

Jemineth905 January 26, 2010 at 10:34 PM  

GOOD JOB RAQUEL , WELL UNDERSTOOOOOD :)

Statcounter

Lorem Ipsum

About This Blog

Calculator





powered by math calculator at calculator.net

  © Blogger templates Psi by Ourblogtemplates.com 2008

Back to TOP