Square Roots - side measure of a square . The number I can square to get the area of a square .
- The square of a number is the number multiplied by itslef .
- The square of a whole number is a perfect square . 2 square = 4
- The square of a number can be thought of as the area of a square .
The area is 16 cm square
- The square root of a number can be thought of as the side length of a square .
The side length is 4 cm .
- The square root of a value is a number that when by itself equals the value
- In the prime factorization of a perfect square , there is an even number of each prime factor.
4. Estimate the square root of each number , to one decimal place . Check with a calculator.
a) 72 b) 103 c)55
- a) 8.5 b) 10.1 c) 7.4